GHO Fish For The Future Tournament!
It is time to save our honey holes! Guy Harvey Outpost along with the Snook and Gamefish Foundation have created a fun online digital tournament to benefit science and habitat protection. All you need to do to participate is start fishing and log your trips from anywhere in the world through the Guy Harvey Outpost iGho Fish App powered by iAngler. All anglers who register and log their trips will have a chance to win regardless if they only catch a sunburn while fishing.
Register for the tournament by downloading
the Guy Harvey Outpost iGHO Fish App to
your smart phone: Download Here
Start fishing and log your trips
and catches on the app.
Remember to take a photo through the app or
upload the picture from your smart phone
and provide us as much data as you can
within the app.
What’s the Catch?
You tell us. The iGHO Fish app will allow you to record any catch and will also provide you with your own personal catch logs. The tournament will be awarding at the end of the year for all the species in the Master Angler Division and the King of the Seas Division, plus 1 wildcard winner. We will also be awarding a monthly sweepstakes for all anglers who log a trip that month. That’s right you don’t even have to catch a fish for a chance to win a prize for this tournament. All data is valuable data, so just make sure you log your trips on the iGHO Fish app to be entered into the monthly sweepstakes.
Master Angler will be awarded for the angler who catches the largest fish by length in the following species:
Cobia, Dolphin, Hogfish, Kingfish, Lionfish, Swordfish, Blackfin Tuna, Yellowfin Tuna, and Wahoo.
To be eligible for the Master Angler division anglers must measure the length of their fish and record a photo. At the end of the year we will award for the largest fish for that particular species.
King of the Seas is for the angler that releases the most fish for that particular species. Eligible species for the King of the Seas Division are the following:
Barracuda, Bass (Largemouth, Peacock, Smallmouth, Spotted), Bonefish, Grouper (Goliath and Red), Marlin, Permit, Sailfish, Snook, Spearfish, Tarpon, Trout, Red Fish, and “Wildcard”.
To be eligible we will require a photo and length of fish. However, for King of the Seas division please think “Fish First” when logging your catch. If you need to just provide us your best guess for the safety of the fish.
The wildcard category is open. At the end of the year Guy Harvey Outpost pick an angler that provided the most data in a particular species an award for their contribution. Remember the wildcard is only open for the King of the Seas Release Division.
Guy Harvey Outpost and its partners promote Sustainable Fishing. We understand anglers will keep some species of fish. However keep in mind this is to benefit science and habitat protection so please remember to fish responsibly!
This tournament is about DATA, DATA, and more DATA. So log your trips for a chance to win the monthly sweepstakes regardless of the catch. We will draw one winner at the end of each month from the total trips logged (not fish) during that month. So if you logged 2 trips during a month you will have 2 entries into the sweepstakes. The only thing to do to qualify is to log your trips on the iGho Fish App.
Prizes include: Garmin VIRB Elites, Garmin Quatix Marine Watches, Garmin echo 301dv Fish Finder, AFTCO / Guy Harvey Apparel, DOA Lure Packages, Guy Harvey Outpost Hotel Stays, Fishing Charters and much more!
Catch of the Month
In addition to the Sweepstakes, Guy Harvey Outpost will be awarding one angler each month a “Catch of the Month” prize. So make sure to log your catches and take a photo for a chance to win a Guy Harvey performance shirt from AFTCO/Guy Harvey Sportswear. We in particular will be on the lookout for catches within 50 miles from any Guy Harvey Outpost Destination.
Monthly Prize Schedule
|Sweepstakes Awards||Waterproof Speaker from Ecoxgear||Quatix GPS Marine Watch from Garmin||DOA Lure Pack||Virb Camera from Garmin||Quatix GPS Marine Watch from Garmin||Echo 301dv Fishfinder from Garmin||Virb Elite Camera from Garmin||DOA Lure Pack|
|Catch Of The Month||Guy Harvey Performance Shirt by AFTCO||Guy Harvey Performance Shirt by AFTCO||Guy Harvey Performance Shirt by AFTCO||Guy Harvey Performance Shirt by AFTCO||Guy Harvey Performance Shirt by AFTCO||Guy Harvey Performance Shirt by AFTCO||Guy Harvey Performance Shirt by AFTCO||Guy Harvey Performance Shirt by AFTCO|
This is a digital tournament so there are no boundaries. The angler gets to decide where and win to compete. Just remember to log your trip using the iGho Fish App.
Now – December 31, 2015
We are relying on the honor system for the tournament. Remember this is all about science and collecting data, so save the fish stories your favorite watering hole.
All qualifying fish must be logged on to the iGho Fish App displaying date, length, and photo in case there is a dispute. Any dispute resolution over any qualifying weight or length rest entirely and solely with Guy Harvey Outpost.
- The tournament is open to all anglers including charter guides. We have several great captains we can recommend as well. If fishing from shore, on a boat or free diving, or with a guide or not, just register you trip on the iGhoFish app.
- No team submissions or partnerships allowed
- Total length is measured from the tip of the mouth with the jaws closed to the top of the tail, with the tail fin lobes compressed to give the maximum possible length. Anglers can submit any photo of the fish, but must provide a photo with the measured length of the fish to prove its length in needed or if there is a dispute.
- GHO and its partners promote catch and release angling. All qualifying submissions must honor the regulations govering the body of water from where it was caught even if the fish is released. To be clear, if the governing regulations restrict a species in size for possession, it cannot be submitted for qualification to the Tournament even if it was released.
- Terms and conditions of the tournament are updateable by Guy Harvey Outpost. In the event of a tie by length for qualifying fish, first fish submitted or proven time caught wins.
- Participants must carry a valid current fishing license. Pledge “I Do”.
- Monthly draws will be held and winners will be communicated throughout the tourney by email. To be eligible for some prizes, Anglers must be the age of majority.
- GHO Fish, Fish Often, and Fish Responsibly!
- By participating you agree to accept the decisions of Guy Harvey Outpost and Guy Harvey Magazine as final and binding as it relates to the contest.
- Anglers enter the contest at their own free will.
- As a condition of entering the contest anglers agree to a non-exclusive transfer of worldwide rights allowing Guy Harvey Outpost and its Partners identified on this page, the following uses including, but not limited to: use the photograph on the Internet and its social media; displaying the image(s) on the Guy Harvey Outpost and other affiliated websites; and using the image(s) to promote Adventure Travel, Fishing and the Contest without any further compensation.
- If there are any question you can write to us at 1850 SE 17th Street, Suite 108, Ft Lauderdale FL 33316 or email us at email@example.com